[Ipopt] New Windows DLLs for Ipopt 3.11.0

Marcel Roelofs Marcel.Roelofs at aimms.com
Sat May 25 15:30:07 EDT 2013

I've prepared and uploaded a new set of Windows DLLs of Ipopt 3.11.0 for use with MSVC 2005/2008/2010

Besides containing the latest Ipopt version, I also fixed some issues that were reported recently:

*         Fortran stuff is now linked against libiomp5md.dll instead of libiomp5mt.lib

*         DLLs now compiled with /MD instead of /MT options. With the /MT option (static runtime linkage), calls into the Ipopt DLL passing C++ objects as method arguments might crash the application.

Because the debug MSVC runtime DLLs are not redistributable, the binaries do no longer contain a debug version of Ipopt 3.11.0. When you need a debug version of Ipopt to link against a debug version of your application (using the release versions will unfortunately crash applications compiled in debug mode when using MSVC), you have to compile these yourself using the MSVC 2005/2010 solutions in the v8-ifort folder. If you don't have an Intel Fortran compiler, you can re-use the separate IpoptFSS.dll (and import library), containing all necessary Fortran solvers, from the binary distribution, which will work in any configuration.

Unfortunately the changes I had to make to the MSVC solutions are not yet included in the release/3.11.0 branch of Ipopt, but only in the trunk. So if you need to build a debug version, you'll have to merge r2301 from the trunk into the 3.11.0 branch.

Cheers,

Marcel Roelofs
Paragon Decision Technology