[Ipopt] Crash in Matlab Interface for larger problems

Tony Kelman kelman at berkeley.edu
Sat Mar 30 07:48:20 EDT 2013

Patrick,

Aha! Jonathan Currie just got to the bottom of the memcpy issue I mentioned,
and it may be what you're running into. It's similar to a previously seen
and fixed bug (https://projects.coin-or.org/Ipopt/ticket/187) with sparse
gradients, and we can fix it in Ipopt trunk without too much trouble. In the
meantime as a workaround, check and make sure that your initial condition
vector X0 is full(), and that your jacobianstructure and/or hessianstructure
callbacks return double() sparse matrices, not logical data types.

-Tony