[Ipopt] About ipopt

Stefan Vigerske stefan at math.hu-berlin.de
Fri Jan 25 10:38:08 EST 2013

Hi,

support for Visual Studio is quite limited, especially if you don't have
a Fortran compiler.

You should have a look at the precompiled libraries at
http://www.coin-or.org/download/binary/Ipopt/
especially the .7z ones.

If you compile by yourself, then regarding 3rd party software, one way
is to get Mumps and Metis. For Mumps, you'll need to have a Fortran90
compiler. Another option is to get HSL MA27 and Metis, this only
requires a Fortran77 compiler, but you need to make sure that the
license is ok for you.
If you have to stick with Windows, then get cygwin or mingw to run
configure and make.

Stefan