[Ipopt] Compiling ipopt with ma77

Tony Kelman kelman at berkeley.edu
Wed Jan 23 14:15:26 EST 2013

Mehmet,

A problem I've seen that is unique to MA77 is that it saves data files to
disk in the current execution folder, containing intermediate evaluation
results ("out-of-core"). Under normal circumstances it should delete those
files when finished, but if you've been testing or Ipopt/MA77 terminated in
some unusual way, sometimes those files are left around. Next time you try
to call MA77, if those files exist already, it causes an error rather than
overwriting them. So look and see if there are any unexpected data files
named "ma77_work" or otherwise ma77_* in the current folder, if so try
deleting them and rerunning Ipopt.

-Tony