[Ipopt] MA27 memory problem

Knut Heidemann heidemannknut at gmail.com
Mon Feb 11 17:39:55 EST 2013

Hi,

I am trying to solve problems with about 6e5 dofs and 1e5 equality
constraints with a pretty dense hessian.
I am getting an "Insufficient_Memory" exit from the MA27 solver.
I guess that I have to adjust "ma27_liw_init_factor", and/or
"ma27_la_init_factor", and/or "ma27_meminc_factor".
Unfortunately, just increasing these parameters to some higher values
did not help.
Could you tell me the usual procedure, how to circumvent this problem?
Just setting to +inf is probably not the way to go?

Best,
--Knut Heidemann.