[Ipopt] Problem creating Libhsl.dll from SourceCode

Steimel, Jochen Jochen.Steimel at bci.tu-dortmund.de
Wed Aug 28 06:56:47 EDT 2013

Dear all,

i am trying to compile my own Libhsl.dll from the sourcecode. I obtained
the sourcecode from the HSL website and copied it into the
/ThirdParty/HSL folder.

I am using MINGW/MSYS on Windows 7. According to the INSTALL.HSL file
from the same folder I now run the configure script found in the the
/ThirdParty/HSL folder:

./configure --enable-doscompile --enable-shared
--enable-loadable-library -with-blas="-L$HOME/lib/-lmyblas"
-with-metis-lib="-L$HOME/lib/-lmymetis"

The configure script proceeds without errors and terminates with the
message :

Configure: Configuration of ThirdPartyHSL successful

When I run make install I see that some fortran files are compiled into
.o files and placed into the folder. When the makefile reaches the rule
for libhsl.dll, things start to fall apart.

Especially this part fails:

@BUILD_COINHSL_TRUE@@EXTRA_SHARED_COMMAND_TRUE@     bla=; \

@BUILD_COINHSL_TRUE@@EXTRA_SHARED_COMMAND_TRUE@     for i in
$(nodist_libcoinhsl_la_SOURCES); do \

@BUILD_COINHSL_TRUE@@EXTRA_SHARED_COMMAND_TRUE@       case $$i in \

@BUILD_COINHSL_TRUE@@EXTRA_SHARED_COMMAND_TRUE@         *.f) \

@BUILD_COINHSL_TRUE@@EXTRA_SHARED_COMMAND_TRUE@           obj=`echo $$i|
sed -e 's|\(.*\).[cf]|.libs/\1.$(OBJEXT)|g'` ;\

@BUILD_COINHSL_TRUE@@EXTRA_SHARED_COMMAND_TRUE@           if test -r
$$obj; then \

@BUILD_COINHSL_TRUE@@EXTRA_SHARED_COMMAND_TRUE@             bla="$$bla
$$obj" ;\

@BUILD_COINHSL_TRUE@@EXTRA_SHARED_COMMAND_TRUE@           else \

@BUILD_COINHSL_TRUE@@EXTRA_SHARED_COMMAND_TRUE@             bla="$$bla
`echo $$i| sed -e 's|\(.*\).[cf]|\1.$(OBJEXT)|g'`" ;\

@BUILD_COINHSL_TRUE@@EXTRA_SHARED_COMMAND_TRUE@           fi ;\

@BUILD_COINHSL_TRUE@@EXTRA_SHARED_COMMAND_TRUE@           ;; \

@BUILD_COINHSL_TRUE@@EXTRA_SHARED_COMMAND_TRUE@       esac ;\

@BUILD_COINHSL_TRUE@@EXTRA_SHARED_COMMAND_TRUE@     done ;\

The variable $bla is left empty and gfortran.exe quits with the severe
error: no input files.

I really don't know where to proceed from now. The install.Hsl doesn't
say what to do in case of errors. I had really high hopes to at least
compile the libhsl.dll on Windows, but alas this proved not fruitful.

I think, if I knew the correct contents the bla variable should have I
could compile the file, as all the other .o files are already built.
Does anybody know a command for this? I tried adding all the .f files in
the folder, but this also failed.

Regards

Jochen