[Ipopt] Issue installing IPOPT

Jeremy Sinoir jeremy.sinoir at inria.fr
Mon Oct 15 04:52:30 EDT 2012

Good morning,

I am trying to install IPOPT using HSL ma27 librarie in order to use it with the Matlab interface.
I followed the instructions provided within the README files, to build the ThirdParty solver, the Ipopt library and the Matlab interface. But it crashes telling me it needs libhsl.so whereas my buid created a lib called libcoinhsl.so

I'm on a linux-64 platform (ubuntu 12.04)
I'm running Matlab R2012a
I'm using gcc-4.4 g++-4.4 and gfortran-4.4 to compile all the parts of the source code.
I have BLAS ans LAPACK installed

here is the ./configure line i'm using :

./configure --prefix=$HOME/ipopt/install CXX=g++-4.4 CC=gcc-4.4 F77=gfortran-4.4 ADD_CXXFLAGS="-fPIC -fexceptions" ADD_CFLAGS="-fPIC -fexceptions" ADD_FFLAGS="-fPIC -fexceptions"

I should mention that I tried changing the name of the ThirdParty build from libcoinhsl to libhsl but it couses matlab to crash.

I tried to use MUMPS instead but the same problem occur s.

Do you have any idea about what I'm doing wrong ?

Thank you very much
Jérémy Sinoir