[Ipopt] help with compilation problem

Jonathan Currie jonathan.currie at aut.ac.nz
Mon Oct 1 16:38:55 EDT 2012

Hi Kaushik,

In order to use IPOPT on Windows you will also need to compile a number of other packages, including METIS and MUMPS (or one of the HSL solvers), as well as having access to BLAS and LAPACK. Some of these will require a Fortran compiler (such as ifort from Intel).

If you wish to use Visual Studio 2010 (VC++) then steps for compiling all the above from source is included with my OPTI Toolbox (for MATLAB), simply have a look at opti_MUMPS_Install.m and opti_IPOPT_Install.m. This can be downloaded from http://i2c2.aut.ac.nz/Wiki/OPTI/index.php/DL/DownloadOPTI.

Can I ask what your goal is using IPOPT? You may find using the supplied binaries (on coin-or) is much easier than attempting to compile all from source.

Regards,

Jonathan