[Ipopt] Bug in HSLLoader.c (trunk version)?

Tony Kelman kelman at berkeley.edu
Thu May 31 21:20:52 EDT 2012

I would submit this through the bug-tracking system myself, but I’m getting an error when I try to register on the project web page.

Looking at https://projects.coin-or.org/Ipopt/changeset/2090/trunk/Ipopt/src/contrib/LinearSolverLoader/HSLLoader.c line 842 appears to be a typo – why should LSL_isMA77available() care if COINHSL_HAS_MA86? I’m getting error messages to the effect of:
HSLLoader.c: In function 'LSL_isMA77available':
HSLLoader.c:843: error: 'func_ma77_default_control' undeclared (first use in this function)
... and so on for func_ma77_open_nelt and others

Things compile successfully and appear to work if I change COINHSL_HAS_MA86 on line 842 to COINHSL_HAS_MA77. I could also use a stable or release version instead of trunk, but I’m about to try the HSL 1.4 interface for some of the newer solvers which appears to only be in Ipopt/trunk.

Thanks,
Tony Kelman