[Ipopt] IPOPT configuration on Windows

Stefan Vigerske stefan at math.hu-berlin.de
Mon May 14 10:17:57 EDT 2012

Hi,

both problems indicate that something went wrong when you downloaded the
HSL codes. The files seem to be there, but they do not seem to contain
valid code.

For the check whether MA27 is threadsafe, configure checks whether it
finds the string MA27UD in ma27ad.f. This seem to have failed.
The error message from compiling ma57ad.f also looks as if your ma57ad.f
file contains garbage.

Can you make sure that these files contain valid fortran code?

Stefan

> Hello everybody,
> I am configuring the IPOPT solver on Window.
> I have downloaded the 3.10.1 IPOPT version and also downloaded the corresponding Third Parties.
> I followed the next commands:
> 1-      Create a directory where you want to compile IPOPT, for example
> $ mkdir $IPOPTDIR/build
> and go into this direcrory
> $ cd $IPOPTDIR/build
> 2-      Run the configure script
> $ ../configure
> I have different problems, when I execute the step 2 with MA27 linear solver, I obtained a message error that this is not the thread safe (newer) version. I do not know because this happen if I have obtained the last version from HSL web page (I contacted with the HSL team and also they told me that they do not distribute the thread non-safe version, so I should get the one I need.).
> I resigned to compile the solver with MA27, then I choosed MA57. When I run the step 2, I obtained in the last output line of the script ``configure: Main configuration of Ipopt successful''.
> But when continue with the step 3 (build the code $’make’) I obtained an error message (last lines were):
> Error: Non-numeric character in statement label at (1)
> ../../../ThridParty/HSL/ma57ad.f:1.2:
> /x1F/x8B/x08/x18/xEEdN/x03/xEC</xFDw/xE2/Xb6/xB2/xFD5/xFE+T/xCAiB
> Error: Invalid character in name at (1)
> make[2]: *** [ma57ad.lo] Error 1
> make[2]: Leaving directory ‘/home/jlaiglecia/Ipopt-3.10.1/build/ThridParty/HSL’
> make[1]: *** [all] Error 2
> make[1]: Leaving directory ‘/home/jlaiglecia/Ipopt-3.10.1/build/ThridParty/HSL’
> make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
>
> I do not know because this happens with the HSL subroutines…
> Thanks
> Juan

Stefan Vigerske
Humboldt University Berlin, Numerical Mathematics
http://www.math.hu-berlin.de/~stefan