[Ipopt] IPOPT configuration on Windows

Juan Ignacio Laiglecia juanlaiglecia at hotmail.com
Mon May 14 09:54:30 EDT 2012

Hello everybody,
I am configuring the IPOPT solver on Window.
I have downloaded the 3.10.1 IPOPT version and also downloaded the corresponding Third Parties.
I followed the next commands:
1-      Create a directory where you want to compile IPOPT, for example
$ mkdir $IPOPTDIR/build
and go into this direcrory
$ cd $IPOPTDIR/build
2-      Run the configure script
$ ../configure
I have different problems, when I execute the step 2 with MA27 linear solver, I obtained a message error that this is not the thread safe (newer) version. I do not know because this happen if I have obtained the last version from HSL web page (I contacted with the HSL team and also they told me that they do not distribute the thread non-safe version, so I should get the one I need.).
I resigned to compile the solver with MA27, then I choosed MA57. When I run the step 2, I obtained in the last output line of the script ``configure: Main configuration of Ipopt successful''.
But when continue with the step 3 (build the code $’make’) I obtained an error message (last lines were):
Error: Non-numeric character in statement label at (1)
../../../ThridParty/HSL/ma57ad.f:1.2:
/x1F/x8B/x08/x18/xEEdN/x03/xEC</xFDw/xE2/Xb6/xB2/xFD5/xFE+T/xCAiB
Error: Invalid character in name at (1)
make[2]: *** [ma57ad.lo] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory ‘/home/jlaiglecia/Ipopt-3.10.1/build/ThridParty/HSL’
make[1]: *** [all] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory ‘/home/jlaiglecia/Ipopt-3.10.1/build/ThridParty/HSL’
make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

I do not know because this happens with the HSL subroutines…
Thanks
Juan