[Ipopt] Feasible iterations only - again

Fabian Wein fabian.wein at lse.e-technik.uni-erlangen.de
Wed Mar 14 05:13:08 EDT 2012

On 03/12/2012 07:07 PM, Horand Gassmann wrote:

Thanks for your reply.

> I asked Andreas a related question recently. His answer, which made a
> lot of sense to me, was to simply use a zero function as the
> objective. For your problem this would mean that you could solve the
> feasibility problem first, then use the known feasible point as a
> starting point for the optimization phase.

Does not work for my specific problem. I actually start feasible.

> But if you have nonconvex functions, then Ipopt may not be the best
> solver, anyway. Among the COIN-OR solvers you may want to try Couenne,
> and you can work within OS (Optimization Services
> https://projects.coin-or.org/OS) to let you switch seamlessly between
> the two.

Couenne seems to be mixed-integer, right? My problem is continuous and
very large scale. I have a strictly feasible SCP method from a
dissertation
available, just wanted to compare with a higher order solver.

Fabian