[Ipopt] IPOPT installation on windows

Mostafa.B bakhtvar at gmail.com
Wed Jun 27 12:33:54 EDT 2012

Hi all,
I am completely new to IPOPTt,
I want to install it on windows, I have tried the installation with Cygwin
manual available in the COIN website but wasn't successful, even I don't
know if I am doing it correctly or not. At various stages I have got errors
that are not supposed to show up based on the manual. (memory allocation, C
compiler, Fortran compiler (77/90), recipe for libampl.a, etc.)
could someone with experience of installing IPOPT on windows 7 64 bit give
me instructions to get it installed from scratch? by scratch I mean assume
that I have a completely fresh windows installation with no software
installed on it, just windows. So please include the installation and the
way to obtain prerequisites, interpreters, third party, packages within
Cygwin, additions to environmental variables and all the rest of the stuff
that are necessary for installing IPOPT on a blank windows. I am sure that
many others having trouble installing IPOPT on windows will appreciate it
including myself, and this will become one of those magnificent references
on internet.

Thanks in advance

Regards

Mosy