[Ipopt] wrong "infeasibility" message

Juan Carlos Lopez Alfonso jc.atlantis at gmail.com
Fri Jun 15 07:00:25 EDT 2012

Hi Jonathan:

Thank you for your answer, because I need to finish my model in order
to publish a paper and  now I dont know the way to continue. I think
that the best way to help me, is not sending you my code, because is
the implementation of a variational problem that uses the finite
element discretization and even my reduced problem (reduced, because I
have assumed a cubic domain with a regular mesh)  is really big. In my
real problem, I have more that 2 millions of variables, where I have
discretized the head of a patient in order to simulate a radiotherapy
treatment. For this reason, I can not follow the procedure that I have
mentioned in my last email and I need other suggestions or comments to
solve this problem with volumetric constraints.

Could you have ideas about this kind of situations? where start with a
feasible initial point is really complicated. I am sure that the
implementation of my constraint and its gradient is correct (when
change epsilon), so the problem is the Ipopt algorithm and the way to
compute the step for select new feasible solutions in each iteration.

Do you give me ideas?
Best reagards and thank you
Juan Carlos