[Ipopt] Obtaining MA57 dll

Pedro Tabacof tabacof at gmail.com
Tue Dec 25 14:00:18 EST 2012

Hello,

I'm using Ipopt within CasADi for dynamic optimization and from some simple
tests I can verify that the optimized BLAS is much faster (around 3-4
times). I'm comparing the netlib MA27 I compiled myself with a mysterious
MA27 dll file I found on Ipopt trunk [1], which I suppose includes some
optimized library for Windows.

I tried to generate GoToBLAS and OpenBLAS static libraries here but Ipopt
actually says they are not valid BLAS libraries when using the
*configure*script. The only thing I found suspicious about the process
is that the
static libraries being generated by the BLAS makefiles are ".lib"  instead
of ".a" files, even though I'm doing everything through MSYS+MinGW.

Has anyone had success using precompiled BLAS libraries with Ipopt on
Windows (MinGW)? Unfortunately I have no way of using Linux on my project.

Happy holidays,
Pedro

[1]
https://projects.coin-or.org/OS/browser/trunk/OS/MSVisualStudio/lib/libhsl.dll?rev=1703