[Ipopt] IpOpt code: Detereministic or Random across various runs?

Tony Kelman kelman at berkeley.edu
Mon Dec 17 22:28:05 EST 2012

Alireza,

Something you should try is "clear functions" and/or "clear global" between
invocations of Ipopt - there may be some internal state somewhere in the mex
file or in your callback functions. There shouldn't be, but it's possible.
Also check that your objective and constraint functions are returning dense
vectors - in the patch that Stefan linked to, I only test for and fix the
issue for the gradient function. I thought it would be much less likely for
anyone to write objective or constraint functions that return sparse
vectors, but that might also lead to similar strange behavior if it were the
case.

-Tony