[Ipopt] IpOpt code: Detereministic or Random across various runs?

Giacomo Nannicini giacomo.n at gmail.com
Mon Dec 17 19:48:11 EST 2012

Hello,
are the problems you are trying to solve identical or just "very
similar" as you state below?
If they are "very similar" but not identical, it's no surprise that
you get a variation in the order of 1e-3 at some point during the
algorithm, and then this difference can increase to larger values as
the two runs start to diverge.
Floating point computations are very sensitive to the input data.

If your problems are absolutely identical and you provide exactly the
same starting point, then it's worth investigating where the two runs
start to diverge.

Giacomo