[Ipopt] Memory error after get_bounds_info() in IPOPT

Stefan Vigerske stefan at math.hu-berlin.de
Sat Dec 15 08:56:25 EST 2012

Hi,

the only special thing in Ipopt is the use of smart pointers,
http://www.coin-or.org/Ipopt/documentation/node58.html

One imporant rule is to never call delete for a smart pointer object.
Usually, you do not have to allocate or free memory in your
implementation of get_bounds_info().

Maybe you just wrote over array boundaries somewhere.
Try running with an empty get_bounds_info() (just return true). If that
does not crash, put back a piece of code, then another one.

valgrind can also be a very helpful tool to debug this type of issues.
Often, it can point directly to the line where awkward things are happening.

Stefan