[Ipopt] If statement in objective function

Gregory K. khoroshylov at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 19 17:44:02 EDT 2011

Thank's for your response. To be honest I had finished my CO major awhile ago, and a bit rusty on theory.
On a very simplified level, that's what I am trying to achieve

maximize price:
if x>=a and x <=b then 1 else 0

But IPOPT gives me all zero solution which is obviously is not optimal.
What should be done to make IPOPT solve it correctly? Am I missing anything (any ipopt option)?
Is it even possible to solve it?
Or maybe you can recomend any other more suitable solver.

Thanks a bunch,
Greg