[Ipopt] Sparse Hessian approximation

Andreas Waechter awaechter.iems at gmail.com
Mon Sep 12 20:13:20 EDT 2011

Hi Sebastian,

Please reply to the Ipopt mailing list - you get answers that are better
than mine...

I don't know of any optimization algorithm in C++ that can take do what
you want.

As far as I know, Lancelot, using partial separability, can do
structured quasi-Newton updates that makes use of sparsity.  But it is
written in Fortran, requires a different interface, and uses quite a
different algorithm.