[Ipopt] Ipopt terminates

Andreas Waechter andreasw at watson.ibm.com
Mon Mar 14 16:42:59 EDT 2011

Hi

Well, it might also just be a problem with Lapack and matlab and 64bit and
funny integer types.  The error message is from LAPACK, and given that the
signature is

            SUBROUTINE DPOTRF( UPLO, N, A, LDA, INFO )

            CHARACTER      UPLO

            INTEGER        INFO, LDA, N

            DOUBLE         PRECISION A( LDA, * )

and therefore LDA seems to have an illegal value, it might be that Fortran
and C integer types do not match.

This might be related to a recent discussion on the Ipopt mailing list:

http://list.coin-or.org/pipermail/ipopt/2011-March/002376.html

And I have also seen a similar problem in a different context (not with
matlab but also related to different integer types).  For this
specific case, I added some code in Ipopt/src/LinAlg/IpLapack.cpp (look
for the macro FUNNY_LAPACK_FINT).  I suggest you try to activate this code
by configuring with

ADD_CXXFLAGS='-DFUNNY_LAPACK_FINT'

and recompiling everything (after 'make clean').  Not sure if that will
help, but it might be worth a try...

Andreas