[Ipopt] Ipopt terminates

Stefan Vigerske stefan at math.hu-berlin.de
Mon Mar 14 14:10:19 EDT 2011

Hi,

it probably means that the jacobian or hessian contains values like nan
or inf, which may be a result from a nondifferentiability of one of your
functions in the current point.

There is the Ipopt option check_derivatives_for_naninf
http://www.coin-or.org/Ipopt/documentation/node89.html
which may help to verify this.

Stefan

> I'm using ipopt with the matlab interface. So far everything went fine
> and I had no problems. But now I have a problem, that can be solve with
> matlab's fmincon but not with ipopt. When I run the problem with ipopt I
> get the following error message
>
>  ** On entry to DPOTRF parameter number  4 had an illegal value
>
> I do not understand what this means.
>
> Paul

Stefan Vigerske
Humboldt University Berlin, Numerical Mathematics
http://www.math.hu-berlin.de/~stefan