[Ipopt] objective value

sakib mondal sakib at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 24 03:05:32 EST 2011

Hi,

I am running a maximization version of IP on ipopt (3.9.2) through AMPL.  However I am getting negative values (while the optimum should be positive). I was reading the documentation (i.e. 09061.WaechterAndreas.Paper.2089.pdf).  It says for the minimization version, Hessian regularization helps the solver to avoid maximum and saddle points.   If I am not wrong, for the maximization version similarly the minimum and saddle points would be avoided. I am wondering if I am missing something.   I shall appreciate any suggestion/pointer.

Thanks,

Regards
Sakib