[Ipopt] Ipopt setup and compilation for visual studio

Herb Schilling HSchilling at nasa.gov
Tue Feb 22 09:25:27 EST 2011

On Feb 20, 2011, at 8:52 PM, Horand Gassmann wrote:

> In order to download the files in a windows environment you need to
> get and install a package called wget. If you must work with
> VisualStudio, this is probably easier than installing a unix emulator
> such as MSYS or MinGW, although in the long run you may find it worth
> investing in one of the latter.

Hello,

 I just wanted to mention that I used MSYS and MinGW and I was pleasantly surprised to see how well this worked for building Ipopt! It took a little reading to understand what was going on with MSYS and MinGW, since I had never used them before but once I had them installed, the experience was very close to building on Linux, which I very much appreciated!

Herb Schilling
hschilling at nasa.gov