[Ipopt] Full Object Oriented Python wrapper of Ipopt?

Herb Schilling hschilling at nasa.gov
Wed Oct 27 10:26:46 EDT 2010

Hello,

 I downloaded and looked at pyipopt. It looks useful but I doesn't support all of the features of the C++ version of Ipopt, in particular, the intermediate_callback method. I need that for what I am going to use Ipopt for.

I really would like to use either SWIG or Boost.Python to create a wrapper around the C++ interface of Ipopt. I have started working on that but I thought I would check with the list to see if anyone has tried this before. I want to know what I am getting myself into !

 BTW, if I do get this done, I plan on contributing it back to the Ipopt project. I need to check on the legality of that though.

 Thanks for Ipopt and this list!

Herb Schilling
hschilling at nasa.gov