[Ipopt] IPOPT, Pardiso, and GPUs

Olaf.Schenk at unibas.ch Olaf.Schenk at unibas.ch
Sun May 23 11:26:34 EDT 2010

Hi,

We have published a paper two years ago on the use of GPU BLAS within
IPOPT/PARDISO:

"O. Schenk, M. Christen, and H. Burkhart, Algorithmic Performance
Studies on Graphics Processing Units, J. Parallel Distrib. Comput. 68
(2008) 1360-1369"

Replacing the BLAS with CUDA BLAS is not enough in order to get a
sufficient performance boost. It also needs a special configuration of
PARDISO and this version not yet available at www.pardiso-project.org.

As an alternative you can use the new iterative solver in
IPOPT/PARDISO. The only option that you have to add to the file
ipopt.opt is

pardiso_iterative yes

Let me know if it is working for you.

Regards,