[Ipopt] Compaq Fortran 6.5 problem.

Stefan Vigerske stefan at math.hu-berlin.de
Tue May 18 08:36:28 EDT 2010

Hi,

I think a while ago I also tried compiling Ipopt with Compaq Fortran,
and the problem was that the compiler did not understand flags of the
form "-X", instead it required them to be of the form "/X".
Not sure if it is the same problem here, or if it just that the build
system does not support fl32, i.e., it does not know which flags to set.
You can overwrite the Fortran compiler flags with the FFLAGS option of
configure.
Alternatively, what I did, was to compile Lapack, Blas, and Mumps
separately and specify the libs at configure time of Ipopt, using the
configure options --with-blas, --with-lapack, --with-mumps-incdir,
--with-mumps-lib. This may work if configure correctly recognizes the
fortran naming convention.

Stefan

Xiaodong Luo schrieb:
> Hi, Andreas,
>
> In windows XP,I used Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\VC and Compaq Visual
> Fortran 6.5 to
>
> compile Ipopt3.8.1 in Cygwin with the command
>
> ./configure -enable-static -enable-doscompile=msvc
>
> The configuration was successful.
>
> However, when I typed
>
> make
>
> It always says something like
>
> C:\cygwin\home\user\CoinIpopt\thirdparty\lapack\LAPACK\SRC\dlaev2.f
> /bin/sh .libtool --tag=F77 --mode=compile fl32 -O0 -c -o dlamch.lo dlamch.f
> fl32 -O0 -c
> C:\\cygwin\\home\\user\\CoinIpopt\\ThirdParty\\Lapack\\LAPACK\\INSTALL\\dlamch.f
> fl32: error: Unknown Switch: '-O0'
> make: *** [dlmach.lo] Error 1
>
> Also, during confiuration, I got warnings like
>
> configure: WARNING: The flags FFLAGS="" do not work. I will now just try
> '-O, but you might
>
> want to set FFLAGS manually.
> configure: WARNING: The value for FFLAGS does not work. I will continue with
> empty FFLAGS,
>
> but you might want to set FFLAGS manually.
>
> I am not sure if these are related to the error above. Can you give me some
> comments?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Sheldon

Stefan Vigerske
Humboldt University Berlin, Numerical Mathematics
http://www.math.hu-berlin.de/~stefan