[Ipopt] Compaq Fortran 6.5 problem.

Xiaodong Luo marvels.luo at gmail.com
Tue May 18 07:14:27 EDT 2010

Hi, Andreas,

In windows XP,I used Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\VC and Compaq Visual
Fortran 6.5 to

compile Ipopt3.8.1 in Cygwin with the command

./configure -enable-static -enable-doscompile=msvc

The configuration was successful.

However, when I typed

make

It always says something like

C:\cygwin\home\user\CoinIpopt\thirdparty\lapack\LAPACK\SRC\dlaev2.f
/bin/sh .libtool --tag=F77 --mode=compile fl32 -O0 -c -o dlamch.lo dlamch.f
fl32 -O0 -c
C:\\cygwin\\home\\user\\CoinIpopt\\ThirdParty\\Lapack\\LAPACK\\INSTALL\\dlamch.f
fl32: error: Unknown Switch: '-O0'
make: *** [dlmach.lo] Error 1

Also, during confiuration, I got warnings like

configure: WARNING: The flags FFLAGS="" do not work. I will now just try
'-O, but you might

want to set FFLAGS manually.
configure: WARNING: The value for FFLAGS does not work. I will continue with
empty FFLAGS,

but you might want to set FFLAGS manually.

I am not sure if these are related to the error above. Can you give me some
comments?

Thanks,

Sheldon