[Ipopt] IPOPT and MinGW/MSYS

Stefan Vigerske stefan at math.hu-berlin.de
Wed May 5 04:50:00 EDT 2010

Hi,

> Just trying to build IPOPT 3.8.1 on MinGW/MSYS. Previously I had no
> trouble with this, and built an ipopt.dll DLL that I had shipped with
> our product (which is GPL licensed, BTW!). I think this may previously
> have been with version 3.8.0 or earlier.
>
> Anyway, with the latest version, it seems that I can no longer use
> '--enable-shared' to produce a DLL. The following error is returned:
>
>> configure: WARNING: On Msys, shared objects are not supported. I'm
>> disabling you
>> r choice.

I cannot even find this warning message in any configure file. Which
(sub)project was configured when this message came?
Can open a ticket with the config.log file from that directory attached?

> I don't understand this: MSYS most definitely does support shared
> objects (SOs aka DLLs), so why is my choice being disabled? We'd be very
> keen to have a DLL version of IPOPT available to us, because it means we
> can make it a drop-in optional component (dlopen-able) if we so choose.
>
> Next, I get the following error, which it is requested I tell you about.
> I can confirm that windows.h exists, and I have been able to use it with
> some other code that I've been working on recently.

If you do not need the linear solver loader, then you may just disable
it with --disable-linear-solver-loader . I think that is the only
component in Ipopt that uses windows.h.

Stefan