[Ipopt] Ipopt license

John Pye john.pye at anu.edu.au
Mon Mar 15 22:25:40 EDT 2010

According to gnu.org, this wouldn't solve the long-running problem of
GPL incompatibility:

Common Public License Version 1.0
<http://www.eclipse.org/legal/cpl-v10.html>

    This is a free software license. Unfortunately, its weak copyleft
    and choice of law clause make it incompatible with the GNU GPL.

Eclipse Public License Version 1.0
<http://www.eclipse.org/legal/epl-v10.html>

    The Eclipse Public License is similar to the Common Public License
    <http://www.gnu.org/licenses/license-list.html#CommonPublicLicense10>,
    and our comments on the CPL apply equally to the EPL. The only
    change is that the EPL removes the broader patent retaliation
    language regarding patent infringement suits specifically against
    Contributors to the EPL'd program.

I think that COIN-OR should be dual-licensed, if that is possible?

Cheers
JP

--
Dr John Pye