[Ipopt] Do there exist some optimization problems which are impossible to solve?

Lewis I lewis369lewis at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 12 04:39:09 EST 2010

Dear Andreas and all.

In the tutorial, it mentioned "the modeler should try to avoid formulations where some non-zero entries in the gradients are typically very small or very large. A rescaling can be done by multiplying an individual constraint function by some factor, and by replacing a variable xi by x' = c * xi for a constant c != 0".
What does it mean? Can anyone provide some examples?
Thank you

Lewis