[Ipopt] optimization with experimental data

Ruhollah Tavakoli rohtav at gmail.com
Wed Jun 16 03:56:59 EDT 2010

Hi,

note that your problem is very simple unconstrained optimization which is
easy to solve just using a 2x2 matrix inversion!

For a good reference on the topic read chapter 6 of this famous online book:
http://www.stanford.edu/~boyd/cvxbook/

or simply read example 3 in chapter 8 of
Burden & Faires, Numerical analysis, 7ed. which is identical to your problem
(I usually assign, like it, as a homework in undergraduate sci. comp.
course).

hope this helps

RT