[Ipopt] Restoration phase is called at point that is almost feasible, with constraint violation 4.202374e-007

Hans Pirnay hans.pirnay at rwth-aachen.de
Tue Jan 26 10:50:48 EST 2010

Hi everyone,

I looked at the revisions and found that the change mentioned by
Andreas in his release announcement for 3.8.1 is in revision 1596 in
file Ipopt/src/Algorithm/IpIpoptData.cpp. It seems to me that you want
to go back to pre-3.8.1-restoration settings, you just need to change
line 46 in IpIpoptData.cpp from

#if 0

#if 1

and recompile. That way, the tolerance for the restoration phase is
set to 1e-2 times the tolerance for the regular algorithm.

cheers

Hans