[Ipopt] Why the optimization result does not follow my constraints?

James Henderson jamesh125125 at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 21 15:11:30 EST 2010

Dear all,

I used ipopt to optimize a problem with some "hard" constraint, but the result provided for me is not  (fully) following the provided  constraints.
For my situation, i mainly forcus on the constraints , the objective function is not so important.
It means that the desired result should be based on the provided constraints (fully follow all constraints), and minimize the objective function as good as possible. Assume all provided constraints are valid.
Can ipopt do this? or in fact all optimization tool cannot do it?
Please help! Thanks.

Regards,
James