[Ipopt] Where or how can I obtain the libhsl.dll?

Stefan Vigerske stefan at math.hu-berlin.de
Tue Jan 5 06:06:16 EST 2010

Hi,

Lewis I schrieb:
> Oh...
> I can solve it now.
> I have deleted too many lines in libhsl.def.
> There should be 4 lines if i only use ma27.
> @@EXPORTS
> @@    MA27ID
> @@    MA27AD
> @@    MA27BD
> @@    MA27CD
>
> But one more question, i do not find a obvious change when i change between mumps and hsl method. Do they only show a difference in large scale problem?

Yes.

> And which linear solver in ipopt is the more common solver when solving large scale problem? (mean which one usually has the best performance?)

HSL solvers and Pardiso.

There is a small benchmark of Ipopt with MA27 vs Ipopt with MUMPS at
http://www.coin-or.org/GAMSlinks/benchmarks/NLP/ipopt_091120/index.html
(of course, one benchmark is never the last word on the subject)

Stefan Vigerske
Humboldt University Berlin, Numerical Mathematics
http://www.math.hu-berlin.de/~stefan