[Ipopt] Objective value trouble

Sebastian Ferrera Ferrera sebastian.ferrera at corpbanca.cl
Fri Dec 10 08:22:05 EST 2010

Dear IPopt user community:

I am currently working on a project using the IPopt minimization under contraints.

An example for visual studio "csipopt" converges successfully.

Yet - for the sake of benchmarking - I am trying to minimize the 1D polynomial f(x) = x + x2/2 under the constraints -10<x<10 and with initial guess x = 1.
Accordingly the gradient is g(x) = 1 + x and the hessian h(x) = 1. IPopt fails to find the minimum x=-1/4 as the iterations deviate only marginally from the initial value as shown by the attached file.

Please advise me how to proceed. I suspect this must be a minor option setting.

Thank you.

Sebastian Ferrera, Chile