[Ipopt] Can the Ipopt be compiled successfully in ms vc6.0?

Horand Gassmann Horand.Gassmann at Dal.Ca
Mon Apr 12 21:41:34 EDT 2010

Quoting ??? <lqc234 at 126.com>:

> Hi everyone,hi andreasw:
> In the windows environment , the ipopt provide the .sln msvc
> project.But the compile environment is vs2005 or vs2008. I have to
> use the ipopt to our old application which is based on the microsoft
> visual studio 6.0. I tried a lot of times but always failed to
> compile the Ipopt  in the vc6.0 environment. Have anyone
> successfully compiled the Ipopt in vc6.0 environment? Or the Ipopt
> can't compiled in that compiler? I really want to know the
> answer.Thank you in advance for any suggestion!

A priori I can't see a reason why you couldn't do it with an older
version of Visual Studio. However, the .vcproj files changed format
rather drastically, so I suspect that you'd have to build your own;
you would probably not be able to make much use of the v8 files. And
you have to be careful with the Fortran code, but that is explained in
the user's manual.

Hope that helps.

gus