[Ipopt] What shall I do when "Not enough memory" is encountered

Andreas Waechter andreasw at watson.ibm.com
Thu Apr 1 10:07:17 EDT 2010

Hi Weifeng,

Please send emails regarding Ipopt to the Ipopt mailing list.

As for your question, you might want to play with the options

# ma27_liw_init_factor:
# ma27_la_init_factor:
# ma27_meminc_factor:

Also, choosing smaller pivot tolerances might help (the default is rather
small already though).  Furthermore, making sure that your problem is
well-scaled and well-posed will probably reduce the fill-in in the linear
solver.