[Ipopt] Ipopt on Mac

Andreas Waechter andreasw at watson.ibm.com
Fri Nov 13 09:42:32 EST 2009

Hi Christoph,

The Java interfaces was contributed by Rafael de Pelegrini Soares of
VRTech Industrial Technologies.  I myself don't know the interface, nor
Java, and neither do I have a Mac :-)

But maybe I can still say something useful:

It seems that the solution you found via the Java interface is actually
also a local solution, or at least a stationary point.  If I give that
point to Ipopt as a starting point (via an AMPL model) and I set the Ipopt
options so that the initial point is not perturbed much:

mu_init 1e-6
bound_push 1e-6
bound_frac 1e-6
bound_mult_init_method mu-based

then Ipopt takes one iteration and stops, with all termanination criteria
being satisfied.  This means that your Java interface seems to have done
its job properly.