[Ipopt] Ipopt on Mac

von Tycowicz, Christoph Christoph.vonTycowicz at fu-berlin.de
Thu Nov 5 09:03:19 EST 2009

Hello Ipopt-Team,

I am a research assistant at the mathematical geometry processing group of the Freie Universität Berlin.

My colleagues and I would like to use Ipopt via its JNI interface. We already tried the complied binaries for Windows and it worked fine.
Since I am working on a MacBook (/w Snow Leopard) I tried to compile the latest library (3.8.0) incl. the JNI interface myself.
Except for the compilation of the tests everything worked fine.
Running the HS071.java shipped with the library I got the following

Optimal Solution:
4.567633003581938
1.6613736769136564
1.761204198266994
3.643449741969065

The documentation of the java-file however states:
 * The optimal solution is
 * x = (1.00000000, 4.74299963, 3.82114998, 1.37940829).

Thats why I am puzzled!? Since there is no error message I don't know where to search for hints.

Additionally I realized that the JNI interface changed since 3.3.2; so I tried to compile and test this old version as well. This however didn't even compile:

ld: duplicate symbol _MPI_COMM_WORLD in .libs/libipopt.lax/liblinsolvers.a/IpMumpsSolverInterface.o and .libs/libipopt.lax/libcoinmumps.a/mpic.o

My colleagues and I would be really grateful if you could help us, so that we can use Ipopt on booth operating systems with a common (java) interface.

Best regards
Christoph

--
Christoph von Tycowicz