[Ipopt] hessian option

Sourav Rakshit srakshit at mecheng.iisc.ernet.in
Mon May 11 09:21:54 EDT 2009

Hi all,
I am new to ipopt and trying to use it for energy minimization in protein
structure prediction. Unfortunately, my function is very complex and
calculating gradient and hessian analytically involves a lot of work ;
specially hessian calculation is almost impossible for me. I am working
with ma27 solver...i tried mumps but it fails. Unfortunately, IPOPT is not
able to converge for my problem. Can I increase the performance of IPOPT
by suitable options? Till now i have no constraints in my problem and I am
not providing the hessian.
sincerely,
Sourav Rakshit

--