[Ipopt] Problems in compileing for Windows

Krish Krishnan rkrishnan8216 at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 23 02:47:38 EDT 2009

Hi All:

I am trying to upgrade my version of IpOpt to the current level.  I have the Intel Fortran compiler (Version 11) and the Microsoft Visual Studio (2005).  My environment is Cygwin, and I configure with --enable-doscompile=msvc.  I have used the get statements in the respective ThirdParty directories to get Lapack, Blas, Metis and I also have the latest version of Mumps.  1. When I run configure, I get a warning that the FFLAGS="" does not work, and that it will compile with an empty FFLAGS.
2. The configure command detects Blas and Lapack in the MKL, and so will not build these libraries.  I guess it will use the default version of these that come with MKL.  Is this the correct approach, or is there some way I can force it to build the Blas and Lapack libraries?
3.  When I try to compile by running make, I get a warning that I am trying to link with static library archive mkl_core.lib and that I should maybe use the shared version.  What should I do at this stage?
4. When at the final stage it tries to build the library, the process seems to pull in a huge number of .obj files (much more than I remember from the previous build).  It hangs at this point and I cannot proceed further and have to kill the process.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.  I have my configure.log and the output from the make command if these are of any use.

TIA
Krish