[Ipopt] IPOPT Binary Status and linear solver choices.

Ruhollah Tavakoli rohtav at gmail.com
Fri Feb 20 08:31:30 EST 2009

 Hi,

First of all, if you are insisted to use windows, why do not use cygwin or
mingw, ipopt works well under these shells, and also there are some trick to
use precompiled libraries them into MSVC projects (just notice that using
cygwin has performance penalty, in my case ~ 50% slower). Also notice that
under windows you do not have chance of using Pardiso, as there is
neither any cygwin/mingw version nor native windows complers like
MSVC/intel. It seems that tis developper do not attend to it (i personally
send couple of request for it, but without at least any response ;) )

Also, not that there are lot of nonlinear programming codes works
cross-platform, so IPOPT may not be the only solution. But i should admit
that i found IPOPT the most *robust* (not efficient) amoung various codes i
have used (drawback is at least memory which is matter for large problems).
e.g. ALGENCAN (fortran 77) is also of value to try.

2  your question is ambigious for me, but take a look at this page (i may
helps), "sintef":
http://www.sintef.no/Home/Information-and-Communication-Technology-ICT/Applied-Mathematics/Research-Areas/Geometry/Software/

3  regarding to qudrature i do not understand your enquiry well, but to my
understanding, "Deal II" library is an OOP FEM library with arbitrary order
quadrature on logically rectangular (hypercube) grid (support qudtree/octree
refinement), Also FEniCS project
(http://www.fenics.org/wiki/FEniCS_Project) provide
an automatic variational compiler and of course support qudrature
integration (support only *affine* mappings). Both of these not easy to use
with native win, but easy with cygwin.

hope be helpful

RT