[Ipopt] IPOPT Binary Status and linear solver choices.

Stefan Vigerske stefan at math.hu-berlin.de
Fri Feb 20 08:03:56 EST 2009

Hi,

>>> Maybe I need to bite the bullet and do my own build on windows...
>> Also good idea, if you can find a fortran compiler...
>>
> I will give it a shot with Intel Fortran.  But the instructions in the
> visual studio project files say to use f2c if I remember?  Am I better off
> just compiling that part of the solution with Fortran?

f2c is recommended because it seemed to be the only non-commercial way
on Windows. But it does not work with Fortran90 code (like Mumps).
People also had success with gfortran on Windows recently, so that could
work.
Intel Fortran works too.

> Another question:
> I am planning to get BonMin up and running as well at some point.  Looking
> at the Bonmin-1.0.1 distribution, it looks like they are distributing an
> older copy of ipopt.  Can I setup ipopt-3.5.5 and then use it with this
> version of bonmin?  Or should I build the one they have in the distribution.

Best is when you just replace the Ipopt directory in Bonmin 1.0.1 with
the one from Ipopt 3.5.5. That should work.
On the other hand, the changes in Ipopt that are not in the one used by
Bonmin 1.0.1 might be neglectable. Probably there will be a Bonmin 1.0.2
some day.
Or you just use Bonmin 1.0 (from the stable branch).

Stefan Vigerske
Humboldt University Berlin, Numerical Mathematics
http://www.math.hu-berlin.de/~stefan