[Ipopt] IPOPT Binary Status and linear solver choices.

jesseperla at gmail.com jesseperla at gmail.com
Thu Feb 19 12:04:21 EST 2009

Thanks Stefan:

> It has Blas, Lapack, and Mumps linked in. HSL is not linked in.

Cool. I need to build mumps anyways, so this may be nice. Is this a serial
or parallel version of MUMPS? I assume serial since we haven't mentioned
ScaLAPACK, etc.... It looks like in the cpp_example makefile that comes
with the binary distribution only links to libipopt, but I thought that
Mumps would need an MPI library linked in as well (which I would change
depending on my target platform)? The mumps docs talk about using a hack
and linking to libmpiseq.a which is a proxy for MPI. Is this linked into
the binary as well?

My fear is that if I do an MPI build of my application with this (IAssuming
that MUMPS still runs sequentially from this binary), that linking in my
MPI libraries will clash with the libmpiseq that is in the binary
distribution? Is this a real to be scared?

Maybe I need to bite the bullet and do my own build on windows...

> > 2) If it is linked in, any chance of getting a binary build with the
> No chance ;-). It's a headache to build on Windows, if I find time,
> maybe I'll do it.

I understand completely.