[Ipopt] IPOPT Binary Status and linear solver choices.

jesseperla at gmail.com jesseperla at gmail.com
Thu Feb 19 11:20:02 EST 2009

I am interested in upgrading to the latest IPOPT and would love to use the
binaries (Ipopt-3.5.5-win32-icl10.0 for example) if they are up and running.

But before I start doing a build and the inevitable head-scratching linking
battles.
0) If I missed out on existing docs for this stuff, I apologize.

1) What does the binary link into the .lib file these days? Does it have
the builtin BLAS, LAPACK, and HSL? HSL I can deal with, but BLAS/LAPACK
will conflict with my intel MKL.

2) If it is linked in, any chance of getting a binary build with the
BLAS/LAPACK not linked in?

3) Any chance of getting a debug build of the binaries? I notice they are
built for Ipopt-3.5.3-win32-icl10.0, which I will use instead if the above
linking issues are not a problem. If I remember, those may have been build
around the last time I asked this question.

4) I remember previously that the Intel MKL version of Paradiso wouldn't
work with IPOPT. Is this true with the latest MKL? If people think it is
reasonably likely to work, I can try to do a build/link with it on windows.

5) Last, if it is using HSL directly, any chance of having a binary
distribution (release/debug as well) that is built to link to MUMPS (which
I would link on my own). Naturally, I would also want to link in my own MPI
library (or the fake one needed by serial MUMPS). I may try this with
http://sourceforge.net/projects/winmumps/

Thanks,
Jesse