[Ipopt] Linking IPOPT with .deb-packaged MUMPS on Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic?

Stefan Vigerske stefan at math.hu-berlin.de
Thu Dec 17 10:32:31 EST 2009

Hi,

Damien Hocking wrote:
> MUMPS is now at 4.9.2, and the 4.9 series is supposed to be better on
> symmetric optimisation matrices.  I've been using it in IPOPT 3.7.x for
> a couple of months now on kinetic parameter regressions.

When I try to solve very small LPs or QCPs with Ipopt using Mumps 4.9.2,
then I get a segfault right in the beginning.
Since 4.8.3 is working fine for me, I did not find it worth to waste
time in debugging so far.

Stefan

> Damien
>
> John Pye wrote:
>> Stefan Vigerske wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,

>> Correction: it should be (AFAICT):
>>
>> ./configure --with-mumps-lib=/usr/lib/libdmumps.a
>> --with-mumps-incdir=/usr/include

>>> Yes, newer versions than 4.8.3 did not seem to work stable with Ipopt.
>>>

>> Any ideas on what the problem is here? Has there been any discussion
>> between IPOPT and MUMPS developers on the issue?
>>
>> Is there an unstable version of IPOPT that works with new MUMPS?
>>
>> Cheers
>> JP

Stefan Vigerske
Humboldt University Berlin, Numerical Mathematics
http://www.math.hu-berlin.de/~stefan