[Ipopt] Line Search

Andrey Romanenko andrey at ciengis.com
Wed Sep 24 11:52:39 EDT 2008

Hi!

We use CVODES and Iptopt in a multiple shooting setup.

If you use forward sensitivities then what you can do is integrate the system
only when you are in eval_f and eval_g (caching things as you do) and carry
out both integration and sensitivity analysis when you are in grad_f and
jac_g and hess.

If you use adjoing sensitivity analysis and new_x == false in jac_g and
grad_f, then just do the adjoint backward swing to get the sensitivities. In
such setup you should use separate CVODES memory areas for each shooting
interval so that the checkpointing works correctly.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Andrey Romanenko