[Ipopt] Line Search

Dominik Skanda dominik.skanda at web.de
Sun Sep 21 11:24:24 EDT 2008

Hi,
I want to use IpOpt for a MultipleShooting Code by use of CVODES a Integration package with sensitivity support. My Code is running now and I use the "new_x" boolean flag in the evaluate functions to save computations. But by now my code is computing the sensitivities even when the algorithm performs a line search. Is there a way to tell the functions eval_g and eval_f that with this (linesearch performing) x  values no sensitivities are needed, for example by hacking the IpOpt code. Is there a way to extend the functions eval_f and eval_g with a new boolen flag (performing linesearch).

Many thanks in advance

Dominik