[Ipopt] Generation of a .lib file when I install IPOPT in Cygwin

Alberto Jorrín Rodríguez albejor2002 at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 29 15:34:05 EDT 2008

Dear mates,

    I am trying to use Ipopt in Windows (Visual
Studio 9.0).

    First: I install IPOPT in through cygwin,
using the GNU compilers. Then I obtain the “ipopt.exe” and the libs
“libipopt.a” and “libipopt.la”. But my main problem is that when I try to
compile the C or CPP examples I obtain unresolved external errors for the next
simbols:

_FreeIpoptProblem

_IpoptSolve

_AddIpoptStrOption

_AddIpoptNumOption

_CreateIpoptProblem

I mean that
this is because I don´t have a “.lib” file for IPOPT. Instead of a “.lib” I
link my project with the “.a” and “.la” files that are libraries for Unix.

How could I
fixed this problem?

Thanks a
lot

I am
looking forward to hearing from you soon

Alberto Jorrín Rodríguez

Departamento de Ingenieria de Sistemas y Automatica

Dpt.  of Systems Engineering and Automatic Control

Universidad de Valladolid
/ University of Valladolid

Address: Facultad de Ciencias, c/ Real de Burgos s/n

47011
Valladolid, Spain

Tel: +34
647 670 581, Fax: +34 983 423161